Sunday 2 September 2012

Finally, a Full Update!

Oh hey! So as promised, I am updating this blog before the end of the weekend (just barely). Turned out to be a rather busy weekend, but not because it was father's day, but work... I know it always seems like I am at either work or uni, and that's probably because I am...being a broke uni student doesn't allow all that much time for a social life.

Well, unlike previous attempts, I have actually continued reading Komatta Toki ni wa Hoshi ni Kike, just a few chapters a day (although the chapters are long as hell). Just briefly, the story pretty much follows Takara and Kiyomine, two completely opposite, yet hot headed boys and the shenanigans (love that word) that them and their fellow students endure, all while adjusting to life in the dormitory. I am enjoying it very much, much more than I thought ( I was very apprehensive about the Shounen Ai tag) but i am quite enjoying the banter between the characters. The personality the mangaka has given the characters work well with each other which makes it quite a pleasant read. It is a very laid back pace. One thing I don't like about it is the lack of plot and drama. I WAS PROMISED DRAMA!! Oh well....

Also, I have finished watching Chihayafuru and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I am so psyched about the second season that is being made...It actually stuck very closely to the manga. Watching the anime also made me understand what the hell Karuta is, as I previously did not understand how it worked. I am now in suspense, like anyone who has read/seen it in how this massive love triangle will end. On a side note, two characters that I love and wish to see more of are Sudo (lol he is such a sadist) "Empress" Miyauchi.

So, as I have finished Chihayafuru, I have now started to watch Marmalade Boy...Oh my god, I absolutely love it. I love the story, obviously, having read the manga, but I love the generation gap between the time it was made in 1994 and now. Looking at their clothes and the culture back then, I can't help but have a laugh to myself...Anyways, I am glad that there is 76 episodes for me to enjoy.

Anyways, that's about it for now, until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment