Monday 27 August 2012

I Don't Even Remember

Hey, Oh hey! I'll tell you now, in about two weeks time, my bank account will be very happy! Thanks to all this extra work that I have been getting...no complaints here, never know when I might need it for a 'rainy day'.

Anyway, I am glad that I have a day tomorrow in which I don't have anything to do as such. I mean, I will be spending a few hours doing University work from home and such, but I actually don't have to do anything tomorrow, except to be mauled by my cats. I actually can't remember the last time I had a day like this, ever since uni went back, and with work and other commitments, this thing called a weekend has disappeared from my calender.

I must say, I am a bit bummed, was yet another bad round in the AFL footy tipping. The last few weeks I have gotten 4, 4 and 5. To be honest it is not my fault, all the teams are just like 'Oh hey there! You picked us to win? Ok, then we will do our absolute best to lose for you' story of my life!

I also went on one of my rare adventures to the kitchen and ACTUALLY COOKED without burning down the house. Which actually would have been sad if I had, considering I was making Sushi, which only involved me cooking the rice. I have since eaten said sushi, and I am alive and well, so I haven't given myself food poisoning.

Since last time, I have finished reading Fushigi Yugi, and I must say, as I usually am with Yuu Watase's works, I was deeply satisfied. I always find that the endings are never rushed and everything is thought out and explained, closing all remaining plot holes, but also leaving open the possibility of a spin-off which is the case with Genbu Kaiden, which I will be reading some point in the future.

Next on the list is Komatta Toki ni wa Hoshi ni Kike (There is an exclamation point is actually part of the title, but apparently they are 'not allowed' on this blog). I will say, that is this the first Shounen Ai series that I will attempt to read, and the reason why this was on the list was I figured that if I want to explore different genres, may as well start with the best, and at 26 volumes, you figure that the story should be somewhat decent. I will state now that by no means will this trend continue, and that I will probably never become a BL obsessive fan. Um...so, I actually don't know what to think of it so far...I have only read three chapters, but from what I gather, it is about an effeminate looking guy who is pretty much everyone's punching bag and his tsundere roomate...I can totally see where this is headed. Anyway, because it is so long, I may just sort of drift in and out of the series, reading it when I get the time while reading other series in the meanwhile, so watch this space. 

Anyway, that's about it for now, until next time :)

Hime


No comments:

Post a Comment