Monday 23 July 2012

Withdrawl Symptons

Now that the Tour de France has ended, my night times no longer have any decent sport for me to watch...until Friday when the Olympics start. I know complaining on the lack of sport which will last 4 and a half days is pointless, but I have no idea what I used to watch at this time a night. After the Olympics end and the US open has been played in August, I will be seriously screwed. At that point I might just crawl into a hole for the next 8 months until Wimbledon 2013 starts.

Speaking of the Tour de France, courtesy of the SBS coverage, I had to sit through the most painful montage of footage of Bradley Wiggins and his yellow jersey and his awful sideburns accompanied to the worst song ever made=Yellow by Coldplay. I wish I could unsee/unhear this

In terms of other stuff, nothing much has happened lately, other than plenty of working and a night in which I vaguely remember watching the Lion King while intoxicated, just so I could sing a long to the songs...for the record, I actually don't drink all that much, mainly because I am a broke uni student

In terms of reading, I have been reading Angel Sanctuary, which is taking a bloody long time! It's just a lazy 20 volumes long, which I am only up to volume 6, to be honest I would be surprised if I finish it before the end of this week. Thus far, I have found it rather confusing because there are so many characters, and because of the storyline, a lot of them look like each other, so half the time I have no clue what I am even reading. It is quite a mature read, it has a lot of religious context (such as the concept of heaven and hell and sinning) war and incest (an interesting trio combination if you ask me). I did find the first few volumes painfully boring to read and nearly gave up, but it does get a lot more interesting after the first story arc ends, which is about 2-3 volumes in.

Anyway, that is about it for now, a rather short update, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment