Wednesday 20 June 2012

Sickness should just go away!!

So yeah, I have been kind of sick the last few days, which has been absolutely no fun. It seems to be a combination of stomach virus and migraines, so yeah, I definitely am beginning to miss food...and sleep, the migraines hurt to the point that I can't sleep. Sigh, I have taken many migraine tablets and aside from the fact they make me trip balls they do make me feel better, so I guess I should keep taking them. Also didn't help that there was an earthquake yesterday, which is rare for Australia because we are conveniently geographically situated in terms of tectonic plates, but still, when you are just reading in bed and your house starts to shake, automatic response is that you shit yourself (metaphorically of course)

For starters, still going with NANA, but only 2 episodes left to go. I have tomorrow off, so I have to get on Youtube to check it out seeing as my DVD player has decided it is going to hate me.

Also, I am currently watching the Amazing Race Australia. All I can say is they definitely choose the more eccentric participants to compete in reality format shows.

Moving on, As previously mentioned, I have read Do you Remember, Mogwa? by Han Yu Rang and since I last talked about it, two more chapters have been scanlated and released (Lucky >.<) because when I initially read it, the chapter that it ended on was really suspenseful, so I was really glad to not have to wait too long. I have found this series rather interesting. It is about a girl who is traumatized by an experience when she was 8 years old. Basically what happened was Sun Jong (the main girl) was kidnapped by her mother's friend when she was 8. The woman held her captive while she killed herself, exclaiming that Sun Jong's mother is a murderer and such. This experience leaves Sun Jong unable to communicate and also makes her incapable of looking at her own face. From that day on, Sun Jong has since worn a mask and refuses to talk to anyone except her grandma. Moo Kae is a presumably homeless boy/man (thus far his age has not been disclosed, but I think he is meant to be around 18) who Sun Jong's grandmother takes in on the condition that he befriend her grand-daughter. Moo Kae reveals little about himself, however we do know that he himself has lost his memory. Per Usual, there is also the villainous rich girl, Min Hee, who will do anything to get what she wants, which in this case is Moo Kae, lies in order to befriend the socially awkward Sun Jong and to break up the friendship between Sun Jong and Moo Kae in order to have Moo Kae all to herself. Anyway, I thought that the concept of the mask because she fears her own face was really interesting, I guess it is a more serious approach but at the same time similar to Usotsuki Lily, where En can't look at his own reflection without breaking the reflecting surface. 

I have also read Chihayafuru by Yuki Suetsugu, which is ongoing at 17 volumes in Japanese and scanlated to the beginning of volume 7 in English (chap 37) and for some weird reason, chapters 89-93 are also scanlated (I haven't read these chapters because then I would be missing 50 chapters of valuable story!!). Anyway, I have found it a very interesting series thus far. It is about the sport Kuruta and the friendship the sport has developed between Chihaya, Arata and Taichi. To be honest, I don't really understand how to play the game, mainly because I can't read or speak Japanese, but I understand the concept of how it is played. I guess the easiest way to say it is that is kind of like a more difficult and extreme way of playing a combination Go Fish and chess. I am not suggesting that the two are the same by any means, Go Fish is easy, Kuruta is hard, it involves poetry and extreme strategy. One thing that I particularly like about this series is the prologue. The first 6 chapters of the story introduce the characters at elementary school level and lay the foundations for the main story when they begin high school, which starts at chapter 7. Anyways, I look forward to reading more of this series in the near future as this series is updated quite frequently (Lucky >.<).

For now, I am reading Galism, which is complete in Japanese with 6 volumes and currently 15 chapter scanlated in English.

Anyways, that's about it for now, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment