Tuesday 1 May 2012

Isn't something missing...

Pun totally intended. Anyways, the series 'Missing' premiered here tonight, it is currently airing as I am posting this and I have found many issues with it already. Firstly, the plot is strangely similar to that of the film 'Taken' which stars Liam Neeson. So my tip is that the son was kidnapped and sold off to an underground prostitution ring. Although that probably won't happen, but I'd bet anything that it would be a similar outcome. Secondly, THE PLOTHOLES!! Nothing makes me more angry than plotholes. There is no way a woman can beat up a former Italian Intelligence agent while wearing mum clothes without the assistance of a weapon. There is no way that you can asphyxiate someone to death so quickly. There is no way that hit men have such horrible aim that they can't hit a single target. There is no way a Vespa can out 'bike' two off road bikes. And the 10 years later and she didn't even age one minute. Overall, I don't think I will be watching it again in the near future, at least not at my own will. 

Moving on from my rage, I have started watching the anime I bought the other day "Earl and Fairy" also known as "Hakushaku to Yosei". Here is a summary of the overall plot:
The story, set in Victorian England, follows the adventures of 17-year old Lydia Carlton, nicknamed the "Fairy Doctor" due to her interest and understanding of fairies. Her life takes a 180-degree turn when she meets Edgar J.C Ashenbert, the "Legendary Blue Knight Count" and his crew on a sea voyage to London. Edgar hires her as an advisor during his quest to obtain a treasured sword that was supposed to be handed down to him by his family.

For anyone who hasn't read it, I will further elaborate. Edgar is actually a serial murderer who escaped death row by switching bodies and now he is trying to get the sword so he can create an identity he finds worthy. Also there is a 'fairy cat' called Nico and he is my favorite character, mainly because I love cats, but he also ads humor to the story, which i find important. The anime is surprisingly good, better than the manga in my opinion, which is unusual, because I like the original text better in most cases, but the high quality of the art, the music and the end credits really win me over. Yes the end credits. I will now explain this...

The end credits is everyone sleeping, but they are all nekked. Don't worry you don't see any bits for those who are sensitive to censorship. But anyways, I have this thing called a 'naked harem'. Basically, the requirements to join this harem are simply that a manga or anime character is a bishounen (pretty boy)  and nude for a short period of time. And with manga and anime you never see anything because of censorship, so it's not like I am offending anyone. Anyway, here are some examples.
 
















The above images are from 'Bijo Juku' and 'Barajou no kiss' respectively.

On a side-note, seems like a lot of scanlation groups have been working hard to bring me chapters of my favorite ongoing series. These include Dengeki Daisy, Faster than a Kiss, Kaichou wa Maid-sama etc. So I have some reading to catch up on while i recover from my battle with the sniffles, which is a result of me doing too much Uni work, i think.

Anyways, that's about all for now, hopefully I update soon and by then, i won't be sniffling anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment